SEACOR Island Lines has an overall commitment to excellence. Through the hard work of all SEACOR Island Lines employees, we have become a leader in a leader in our current market.
We value each individual and the combined strengths of our diverse and talented work force that are fundamental to our success. Teamwork, communication, and creative collaboration at all levels of management are necessary in delivering superior value to our customers and upholding SEACOR Island Lines' values and standards of excellence.
SEACOR Island Lines is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Search our Careers
SEACOR Island Lines, LLC
Fort Lauderdale FL US 33316
Job Code :
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Offer Relocation :
Job Description :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates Yard Mule, following all DOT mandated rules and regulations
- Loads and discharges RO/RO vessels using yard mule(Terminal Driver)
- Ensures that container is properly secured to the chassis prior to loading/discharge
- Ensures that cargo is properly lashed to flat rack prior to loading/discharging
- Stages equipment to be loaded to both RO/RO & LO/LO vessels(Terminal Driver)
- Responsible for maintain a safe work environment
- Plugs/Unplugs refrigerated container units as needed
- Documents temperatures of refrigerated container when loading on vessel
- Moves cargo equipment needing repair to shop area
- Moves empty equipment designated locations
- Assist reefer tech in moving units as needed
- Assist in loading of vessels utilizing forklift as needed
- Maintains equipment movement logs daily
- Must complete inspections daily prior to operation on any equipment that is operated.
- Maintains thorough and accurate records using the “Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report”
- Keeps terminal cargo equipment staged an organized (must be done before shift ends)
Job Requirements :
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least 2 years driving experience
Languages: Communicate effectively in English
Skills: Time management skill, organized and attention to detail
Licenses, software, etc: Class A License w/Hazmat endorsement
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)