SEACOR Island Lines has an overall commitment to excellence. Through the hard work of all SEACOR Island Lines employees, we have become a leader in a leader in our current market.
We value each individual and the combined strengths of our diverse and talented work force that are fundamental to our success. Teamwork, communication, and creative collaboration at all levels of management are necessary in delivering superior value to our customers and upholding SEACOR Island Lines' values and standards of excellence.
SEACOR Island Lines is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Search our Careers
SEACOR Island Lines, LLC
Fort Lauderdale FL US 33316
Job Code :
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Offer Relocation :
First Shift (Day)
Job Description :
- Liaison between, warehouse, terminals, dispatch and island agents on a daily basis, to ensure cargo is loaded, stowed and received by customer in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the flow of cargo from receiving to export and on island landing.
- Maintain knowledge of changing tariffs, rates contracts and promotions.
- Create all documentation required for export, such as bills of lading, manifests and invoices.
- Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities
- Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties, licenses and restrictions.
- Assure that all documents are accurate according to industry standards, procedures and regulations.
- Reporting in a timely manner to customers and agents.
- Furnishing vessel documents to designated area prior to sailing.
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety/security laws and policies
- Report market trends relating to import export, such as new developments for new business/customers.
- Maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of all relevant information and communication technology and other systems within the import/export function.
- Manage consolidations
- Providing QUALITY customer service.
- Knowledge of Hazmat (IMDG/CFR) regulations for transportation of hazardous cargo.
- Issue load guides to load containers on flatbeds---adding
- Check scanned paperwork to make sure there is not any short shipments---adding
Job Requirements :
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: 3 years Ocean Export
Licenses, software, etc: Microsoft Office; FBS, Oracle and Hazmat Certified preferred
- Ability to work, with minimal supervision, maintaining productively and efficiency when faced with stressful situations, including maintaining effective interactions with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work within, and communicate effectively with, customers, all levels of employees and management
- Must have good oral/written communication skills and type at least 40 wpm.
- Acts with urgency to meet and resolve customer needs; demonstrate team focus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
- Ability to work well with others,
- team player
- well organized
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)