SEACOR Island Lines has an overall commitment to excellence. Through the hard work of all SEACOR Island Lines employees, we have become a leader in a leader in our current market.
We value each individual and the combined strengths of our diverse and talented work force that are fundamental to our success. Teamwork, communication, and creative collaboration at all levels of management are necessary in delivering superior value to our customers and upholding SEACOR Island Lines' values and standards of excellence.
SEACOR Island Lines is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Search our Careers
Heavy Equipment Operator
SEACOR Island Lines, LLC
Dania Beach FL US 33004
Job Code :
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Offer Relocation :
Job Description :
- Load and unload ship cargo efficiently and safely.
- Must follow the ship's plan to ensure that cargo is loaded and unloaded correctly
- May operate a forklift , reach stacker ot top pick to move large cargo containers to and from vessels
- Good organizational and communication skills are important, along with the ability to read and follow written plans
- Need to be very aware of emerging safety issues, including hazardous materials on board the ship and around the docks
- Connect the containers to each other as they are stacked on the vessel
- Keep truck line to a minimum to help daily operations
- Must get all the weight from outside driver containers and get them to dispatch.
Job Requirements :
Traits: Abilty to work well with others, team player, self-starter
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)