SEACOR Island Lines has an overall commitment to excellence. Through the hard work of all SEACOR Island Lines employees, we have become a leader in a leader in our current market.
We value each individual and the combined strengths of our diverse and talented work force that are fundamental to our success. Teamwork, communication, and creative collaboration at all levels of management are necessary in delivering superior value to our customers and upholding SEACOR Island Lines' values and standards of excellence.
SEACOR Island Lines is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Search our Careers
Inbound/Shipper Export Declaration Coordinator
SEACOR Island Lines, LLC
Fort Lauderdale FL US 33316
Job Code :
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Offer Relocation :
First Shift (Day)
Job Description :
Ocean Freight Carrier that currently ships to the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos is currently seeking and Inbound/SED Compliance Coordinator.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience needed
- Ability to work, with minimal supervision, maintaining productively and efficiency when faced with stressful situations, including maintaining effective interactions with others
- Ability to work within, and communicate effectively with, customers, all levels of employees and management
- Must have good oral/written communication skills
- Acts with urgency to meet and resolve customer needs; demonstrate team focus
- Must have good organization skills
- Must be good with mathematics (mainly summing up cargo value)
- Extremely detailed
- Ablility to prioritize workload
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Job Requirements :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process SEDs (Shipper Export Declaration) through AES PCLINK-AES DIRECT-obtain passport, power of attorney and/or EIN in order to file shipper/consignee’s behalf
- Daily drive to US Customs to submit paperwork
• Keeps track of cargo or containers that have been held up by USDA and Customs (x-ray/inspections for soil)
• Maintain up-to-date the post audit manifest for US Customs
• Maintain loading guide
• Stow plans
• Coordinate and check documents before releasing cargo to the customer.
• Ensure that all out ports send documentation timely as required by governmental agencies.
• Check documents, make necessary corrections and distribute them to corresponding governmental agencies in time to meet their respective deadlines.
• Inform all customers of cargo arrivals, via fax with an arrival notice and a copy of the bill of lading. Secure fax confirmation and file in master file.
• Secure original bills of lading properly endorsed, delivery orders, and ocean freight payment plus any additional charges prior to release. Coordinate with the auditing department for additional charges.
• Check that cargo is properly released by governmental agencies.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)